Today Nick, Joe and I participated in the Walk for Warmth. It is a 3 mile walk and the funds raised goes to THAW (The Heat and Warmth fund) The KIDS club at church was supposed to participate but long story short it just turned out to be us. All together there were about 100-150 people partcipating from high schools,churches, and area business/corporations.
Thankfully, the nasty snow we were supposed to get held off for all but the last 15 minutes of the walk. My face sure is windburned though the wind was very bad.
One good thing happened though! I won a door prize!!! I won a basket that contained two mugs, a box of hot cocoa mixes, some ppretzels and a hat,glove,and scarf set. I will be donating the hat,gloves, and scarf next winter to a collection.
This afternoon the boys had an indoor soccer game. it is a bit frusterating for the team because they play against a few travel teams who still hold practices during the winter. Whereas our practices end even before the fall games start!! So they feel a bit defeated!
After soccer we went to dinner at Boston's it was yummy but I ate to much! I even asked for a box at the very begining and boxed up half my meal!! Oh well!! Why did the waiter need to look so shocked that i wanted a box at the begining of the meal! That was not necassary!!
After we came home from all of that I went and shoveled the 4 inches or so that we received. I am officially EXHAUSTED!!!!!!!!
2 comments:
I've not tried that asking for the box at the start of meal - and no, the waiter should not have been so surprised! Good on the walk!
I remember when Emily played indoor soccer. It was the same way. Very frustrating indeed!
Oh, that was taken at the park in my city. I updated the blog a little more.
Post a Comment