Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Ocean Beach Blast!!

Friday is "Ocean Beach Blast" in Molly's kindergarten classroom! The blast is the day that every child in the classroom gets to celebrate their birthday! Since they do so much learning it is hard to schedule time for each kid to bring in cupcakes and what not and also since some kids birthdays are in the summer they miss out. So Friday the teacher is bringing in a helium balloon for each child, they will have pizza,juice, cake and the other good stuff. Each child gets to bring in "party favors" to pass out to friends as well!! Since I'm not a huge fan of the little trinket type things Molly will passing out one of those little bottles of bubbles,2 pieces of sidewalk chalk and a small little bubble toy/wand, I am also going to try finding some different fun games that you can play with sidewalk chalk and print it out on paper for them. Family Fun had a cute game that Molly and I played yesterday that i had never heard of and she really enjoyed it!
So after that explanation about how fun Friday will be, I have to share a funny story. Tuesday is my day to volunteer in Molly's classroom. Mollys class had left for Music and I was working at my little table, all of a sudden I heard the other kindergarten teacher start talking strenly to her students I'll paraphrase...she was not happy with how they were behaving and she said, If you dont start behaving and doing what you are supposed to I will CANCEL the party on Friday, I will call up each and every mommy and tell them to forget the party because they are not having it because they are not listening!!!! Oh my goodness!! Thats like the equivalant of telling a kid they are canceling Christmas or their birthday party!!!! So of course I had to ask Mollys teacher if she threatened the kids with that!! she said "yup, i sure have" then she also added that she didnt need to for the morning class but she did for the afternoon class!!! Too funny!!!!! Poor kids!!!

No comments: