Thursday, May 27, 2010

I think summer is here!

Well the warmer temps sure took awhile to get to us but ionce they did they sure didnt mess around!! The pool was opened around May 10th and for a bout a week due to cold temps and lots of rain we could not even touch it! Molly loves being in the pool! She is gett ing a lot more confident and finally realized she really can touch the bottom of the pool along the sides and at both ends. She happily floats around with her pool noodle and will swim staying close to the sides. We had a busy few days Tuesday was the kindergarten field trip to the zoo...it was super hot and very sunny but the kids did great. Wednesday was field day....um yeah...you could tell thought that they wanted nothing to do with "having fun" they were hot,sweaty and cranky....which equaled to very competitive kids and many meltdowns!!! It sure showed a different side of these kids I've come to know from helping out!! I saw pushing,whining,crying,....it was crazy!!!
Now the year is finally winding down! Tonight is the last soccer game for Nick and I am getting all kinds of notes home from the schools about different end of the year celebrations, awards ceremonies and other fun stuff! This afternoon I have a little luncheon at the school as a thank you for helping out in Molly's class. All fun stuff but hard to know that a school year is drawing to an end!

1 comment:

Christine said...

I am glad you finally get to use your pool. I am loving this nice weather.