Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thoughtfulness to others

I like many other moms and dads question if I'm raising the kids right, are they learning what I'm trying to teach them? Do they hear me? Are they just ignoring me? Then they will go and do something that makes me think "wow that's really something" They do listen!
Nick is my 14 year old. He is a "normal" teenager for sure. All knowing and all attitude.....at least at our house. Well Tuesday he came home from school and as part of his homework he could not speak...I tell ya I wanna hug that teacher hahaha. Anyways we were trying to coomunicate with each other and he settled in to doing whatever he wanted to occupy himself then he comes over and hands me a note on the paper he was using to get messages across to me without speaking. Turns out his teacher for swim class had a heart attack on friday. He wanted to buy him a card. Seriously!! What teen would want to do that??? I'll tell you....a really good teen that's who!! I was extremly proud of him for wanting to do that!! So he picked it out,signed it, wrote in it, we sealed it and put a stamp on it and he took it to the office and asked them to address it and put it in the mail, they we more then pleased to do it for him!!!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Brenda- there is no doubt in my mind that you are raising caring, loving and thoughtful children- simply be being the best example of those things yourself!!!

It is nice though when we get validation as parents and can see the positive proof of our parenting!

Great job! :)

Jen said...

How nice of him! I know that you are raising 3 great kids. You are an awesome mom!