Tuesday, June 29, 2010

it's only been a week

But it feels like forever since I updated the blog!! Nick seems to be enjoying reading the blog my dad is doing while they are traveling through Alaska, he asked if poppop did it when he took the boys out west a few years ago. I told him no, because blogging is a relativly new thing. But I told him maybe when they go on a trip again he will do it and Nick can help! Nick is also getting very excited for National Jamboree!!! I think he is going to exhaust himself trying to see and do everything!!! He is excited I am super nervous to tell the truth!!! I have convinced myself the boys are going to dehydrate thimselves and get super sick!! I happened once years ago and that was even under my supervision!!!!!!!!!!! Joe got quite a bit of information about being hydrated while he was away at National Youth Leadership Training though so hopefully that was lesson learned! As part of thier training they had to go on a hike and find their campsite and they were pretty much away from everyone else...the rest of the troops were scattered about. Well it turned out one of the kids that was there got himself dehydrated and he collapsed and they had to help him. 2 kids ran super fast for adult help,they then had to bring the adults back and an ambulance was called to take him away. While the 2 boys were gone Joe and another boy had to keep this boy awake, and alert and try to get him to drink water. The boy was okay other then being dehydrated but again it was a kind of scarey lesson learned. Joe said they made history because now each troop that goes on the outpost hike will be given a radio so they can call for help......uhhhhhhhhhhhh shouldnt that have already been a precident??? lol!! oh well!! it all turned out ok!
hmmmm that turned into an awful chatty post!!
Nothing much else is going on...i need to get busy sewing more patches on the boys uniforms for Jamboree. Paul is frusterated by the fact they are not done yet..but I guess I am a procrastonater and will do it when it gets closer to the time they leave!

No comments: