Sunday, December 13, 2009

so, yes I officially want a stand mixer!!!

My arms are tired!!! I only made 4 different batches of cookies but boy was I tired out yesterday!! Apparently I also have a hard time measuring things correctly, no, I don't mean ingrediants, I mean size of things!! For the Pecan cups I made I was supposed to get 48 of them! I did actually get 48 but JUST barely!!!! Ok no big deal right?? The other cookies I made each said I would get about 3 1/2 dozen cookies....yeah......I got 6 dozen each!!!! That was great since they were mostly for gifts for neighbors and a little left over for us but each one need to be rolled into balls before baking!!!!
So, the stand mixer will only take a little strain out of my arms but I think it will be a great addition to my kitchen one day!!!!
I was really happy because out of the 4 cookies I made only one was a tried and true recipe, the rest were new to us and they were all winners in terms of ease and yummyness!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yeah... that would be nice! I have wanted one but don't have much room to store it. And it's a bit much for how much I'd really use it. My mom has one. They are a great addition.
Maybe Paul will get you one for Christmas?? *wink *wink

Stacey said...

I love my Kitchen Aid! It was a Christmas present from my husband last year and at the time I wasn't too thrilled but it has came in more than handy! I used it for all of my holiday baking. I use it for meatloaf all the time. It makes things so much easier. I just leave mine out on the counter all the time. The only thing I dislike is that the bowl isn't dishwasher safe so I have to handwash, but not a huge deal.