Thursday, December 3, 2009

online shopping versus in store shopping

So, Paul and I always thought that online shopping was so much of a hassle, especially if orders were wrong,billing issues, things like that. We really try to avoid that. Well, we received an email from Best Buy that we were eligible for a special deal if we called in our order. So technically its not online shopping but its not in store either. We called, placed our order, two day later we have our goods! Easy peasy!!!! I mentioned to Paul that I would like a certain camera(just a cute little good deal on a point and shoot camera that i could keep in my purse) we tried to buy it online but it was out of stock and it would not let me order it. Paul decided to go to the store, well of course they were sold out as well (lots of people including me will be carrying around a wine colored Kodak Easy Share camera lol)but the sales clerk told Paul that they could order it for him(he received the camera case that day) and that they would send him an email when it arrived at the store. So he paid for everything right then. I got the email that the camera was ready to be picked up. Paul printed the copy out,went to the store and they had NO camera for him. Kidding right?? Nope! But they did locate the camera at another store. So this is what they did, they refunded him the money, rang him up again and sent him home. So I call the other store and they said , no we dont have a camera today for him but he can pick it up tomorrow.
So the next day, i get an email that the battery is in for the camera so we head to the store and not only do they have the battery they have his camera, sigh. So crazy!!! Anyways we finally have everything set and in our hands!
Well another funny thing, while we were waiting for them to clear our purchases an older man came to pick up his order. The girl scans the email, gets the things. She hands him a Wii Fit balance board, and a camera or something like that, and walks away. The guy is looking at the purchases strangley, turns out he had ordered a WiiFit Balance board SLEEVE, they gave him the balance board instead of the sleeve, the sleeve costs like 13 bucks lol thankfully the guy was honest but seriously 2 people, the cashier and the warehouse could have quite a loss!!!!
As we leave the store with our purchase, Paul hands the guy at the door our reciept, the guy waves it away like he didnt want to see it, as we left we set off the alarm, the guy just completly waved us on!!! Dude!!! We could have taken anything we wanted lol!!!! Good thing for Best Buy they had honest people in thier store that day!!

1 comment:

Christine said...

That was crazy! I see in alot of stores that they just wave people on. Trustworthy.....some yrs I do all my shopping online and some yrs I do all my shopping in store. This yr I have been doing both. So far so good. I havent ran into any problems. Glad u finally got your camera.