Monday, November 16, 2009
Giving thanks
So, I admit it, I am addicted to Facebook!! It's fun catching up with people,fun games,just so much to "do" What also is fun, is discovering new things. One friend joined an "event" the challenge was on a certain day they wanted all the ladies to post one positive thing they liked about themself. The reason it was a challenge is because women are so hard on themselves. So that was neat to do. I participated. The current "event" I am participating in is "30 days of Thankful" We were allowed to join in whenever we discovered the event. Basically on Facebook, people update their status whenever they want to, just random little sayings they want to share with their "friends". You think it would be hard to post things aside from the "given" things to be thankful for. But really it's not! There are lots of little simple things to be thankful for. Some days I can list 2 things! Today, for instance, I am thankful for the Excederine in my cupboard cause I need it today! I have a stupid headache! I am thankful for the ability to help out in Molly's class, I am thankful for hot water...you get the idea! Oh! One day I was thankful for the empty baskets in the laundry room, that day is not today however!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I, too, am a little addicted to Facebook. But it is a nice way to keep in constant contact with people! I do like the giving thanks concept on there too- it is amazing how many little things you can find to be thankful for..and maybe that's the whole point? :)
I'm glad that you "invited" me to 30 days of being thankful. It's helped me realize that amidst all the crap that there is something to be thankful about. The last 2 days I haven't been posting my thanks but I will get back to it.
Have a great week, my friend.
Post a Comment