Sunday, October 10, 2010

a few fun days!

Thursday was fun because I had one of those "very rare for me" nights out! My friend jen and i went out for a nice dinner(except for a darn fly that would NOT leave us) and then we headed over to the Taste of Home cooking show. I guess it was the very first one they had in Michigan!! I would definitly go again! They picked 10 recipes to cook for us and out of those ten only 2 were ones that I wouldnt consider for my family! So that was pretty good!! They also had goodie bags for us that included two of the magazines, and since we ordered VIP tickets we got a Breakfast cookbook also we got to order a free subscription to either the monthly magazine or the Holiday editions! I chose the Holiday ones because I dont currently get them! I was really happy to have such a fun night out with a good friend!
Saturday Nick participated in his first Bible quiz meet. I think he had a lot of fun! It sure was a long day and it required lots of thinking and memorizing and recalling information! His Novice team took second place out of 6 teams!! Good for them!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

It was definitely a great night out. I hope that they are able to come back to Michigan. Have you tried any recipes yet?
I am going to attempt the Gingered Carrot soup again. I may not have had enough ginger. I also used vegetable stock so that might have had something to do with it. The family also thought it resembled baby food!!! lol It was too pureed. Maybe if it was a bit more chunky.