Monday, September 20, 2010

A little update

So, the kids have settled into school nicely. Molly brought home her Friday Folder which contains all sorts of good things. Classwork,newsletters,fliers and calendars. It also contained A "Wow Gram" from her teacher. Molly was recognized for being a friend to anyone who needed a friend the first two weeks of class. I was so proud of what a good girl she is. It was so nice that the teacher recognized it as well! Homecoming was this past weekend. Nick did not have any interest in going to the game or the dance nor did Joe. Joe is at an Academy but his "Home school" is the same high school that Nick attends.
Saturday Paul was supposed to help with parking at the Renassaince Festival for scouts but did not want to be there all day. I had planned by myself(did not mention to Paul my idea) to take the kids on a little field trip. i was going to take them to Somerset Mall for the Lego Store Grand Opening, then for lunch and then to the Apple Store so Joe could buy his Ipod Touch he saved his money for. Well, we were just getting to set to go when Paul called to say he was coming home, long story short he wound up meeting us there. The kids were able to build a block that was going to be part of a Buzz Lightyear lifesize thing for the Lego store and they were given a voucher to turn in for a certificate. We headed upstairs and the line was REDICULOUS!!!!!!! Fortunatly for us...the boys are old enough to fully understand"no, i am sorry we are not waiting 4+ hours to get into the store! Also fortunatly they had a shorter line for those that just wanted to get the certificates!!So thats what we did. We also treated Molly to her first Build A Bear experience!! Wow that was kind of overwhelming in of itself too!! Who knew there was such a process!!! Picking the just right animal,picking out a heart...free or not free....then stuffing it...putting love into it, then you got to take it to a "fluffing" station, dressing it!!My goodness!!!I think every other parent who did not want to wait in line for the Lego store was going into Build a Bear lol!!! So after that we headed downstairs to the Apple Store....um wow they were packed int here, I pulled Joe aside, said Dude, I brought your money so you could buy your Ipod but they are the same price at Best Buy we are going there!!!! So we left the mall headed to Best buy and he got his IPod and the case and first Itunes gift card. He was a happy boy! Then home to get that all set up and ready for a sleepover at a friends house. When Paul was taking him I told Nick and Molly we would head to Meijer and low and behold my darn car wouldnt work!! So that is now being looked at! Always something I suppose!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend. A coworker was telling me about that Lego store. She said they are going to have to go back sometime. I can't imagine anyone waiting that long.
WELCOME TO BUILD A BEAR WORKSHOP!!! lol I don't remember if I've ever talked about Emily and BABW but she could open up her own store. Her last one was bought in NYC when we went. I think she is out of the craze.
Have a good week!