You can actually see the wheels turning in my kids latley and sometimes I just don't know where they are going!!
Take this situation....... Yesterday(Monday) Molly came up with these two thoughts all on her own even before school started!
The first conversation happened while we were getting her snack ready for the day.
Molly: Oh mom! Mrs. S told us everything we would be learning in kindergarten! If we knew everything we didnt have to be there!! Guess what!! I know it all!!!
Me: thats great Molly!! Ya' know what that means right??? You go to 1st grade!!! You get to be at school day!!!
Molly: no mom!!! It means I get to take a break!!
Good try sweetie---you still have to go to kindergarten.
Second conversation-this was said as she was passing her playroom to go brush her teeth or something.
She knew we were having company that evening for dinner.
Molly-(a big gasp) Mom! I can NOT go to school, you need to set that timer and I need to clean up my playroom because it is a MESS
Mom- no, you can still go to school, I'll set it after you have your lunch!!
Well clearly both those wheels were going in the direction of "I do not want to go to school)
This next scenario is a little more mindboggling.....
this involves Nick who is 14 and in the i either love you or hate you moods
I fed the kids about an hour or hour and 30 minutes before our guests and us would be eating. So during dinner Nick brings over his story he is writing. Just for his own personal reasons..not school work or anything.
Nick-hey Mom I wrote another sentence for the story I'm writing do you wanna read it.....
Mom- thinking in my head..."seriously"?..out loud....um maybe after our guests leave.
after about 5 minutes
Nick-Mom does this word right here need to be capitalized in this sentence?
Mom- in my head...again?? seriously??? You didnt care when I offered to proofread it yesterday when i read the whole darn thing. Out loud-Yes Nick, it does
after 10 minutes or so
Nick comes over to give me a hug while im still sitting at the dinner table with our guests......
sigh...im still trying to figure that one out!!
1 comment:
Wow! That's all I've got. lol Molly does not want to leave you during the day does she.
And Nick, I don't know. Emily gave me a hug when I got home from work and I asked her what she wanted. ha ha
Post a Comment